A transaction product quantity bonus promotion automatically appends bonus points or issues a reward to qualifying transactions for qualifying members when quantities of a particular product group have been met in a single transaction. Up to five levels of awards can be configured per promotion (Example: Receive 400 points for purchasing 5-9 products OR receive 600 points for purchasing 10-14 products OR receive 900 points for purchasing 15+ products). If multiple levels are used, members will receive only the highest that they qualify for. Transactions created before the promotion is created are not affected. As of the 2017.3 release, products with a negative retail value will be excluded from bonuses.
An example of a transaction product quantity bonus promotion: "Award 300 extra points to a transaction, if a member purchased more than 4 qualifying items in April for locations in the Region 5 for members in the VIP Club"
To create a new transaction product quantity bonus promotion, click the "Add Transaction Product Quantity Bonus Promotion" on the aforementioned system page. Furthermore, an existing transaction product quantity bonus promotion may be modified by clicking "Edit" within the grid for the associated promotion. Modifying an existing promotion does not affect transactions that have already been bonused.
Transactions must meet all of the following criteria in order to be bonused.
- Issue Points or Rewards - The point amount(s) or reward(s) that will be issued to the member for each qualifying transaction. A member will only receive the "highest" award for their transaction if multiple levels are configured. Multiple promotions can be stacked together. Take care when using the fixed points option -- if return transaction types are selected, members can receive unintended points/rewards.
- Promotion Type - The "Tiered" promotion setup allows for configuration of multiple tiers for product quantities purchased within selected product group(s). The "Multi Product Group" allows for configuration of only one tier, but requires observance of and participation within two separate sets of product groups.
- Bonus Type - When the "Issue Points" option and the "Tiered" promotion type is selected, a bonus type option is available that allows for awarding members with a fixed amount of points, or a percentage amount of points. Furthermore, if the percentage option is chosen, an additional product group eligibility tree will be visible so that users can configure one set of product group(s) that determines eligibility and another set of product group(s) that specifies which products will count toward the bonus amount. The same product group(s) can be used for both.
- Limit Once Per Promotion - If selected, a member can only receive this promotion one time.
- Active Date Range - Transactions with an activity timestamp between the date range will be eligible for bonus.
- Booking Date Range - Transactions with a booking date between the date range will be eligible for the bonus.
- Valid Only on Days - Enable the "days of the week" that the promotion is eligible for.
- Apply to Product Group - Depending on the promotion type and bonus type option selected, one or more product group trees will be displayed.
- Promotion Type = Tiered & Bonus Type = Fixed - One tree will be displayed. This tree controls the group(s) of products that determines eligibility and the products that count toward point-related bonuses.
- Promotion Type = Tiered & Bonus Type = Percentage - Two trees will be displayed. The first tree controls the group(s) of products that determines eligibility, while the second tree determines the group(s) of products that count toward point-related bonuses.
- Promotion Type = Multi Product Group - Two trees will be displayed. The first tree controls eligibility for the first product quantity option, while the second tree controls eligibility for the second product quantity option.
- Apply to Transactions of Type - Only transaction types selected will be eligible for the bonus. Note: Only transaction types that store product-specific information will be displayed for selection.
- Location Descriptor/Group - Only transactions associated with the specified location descriptor or location group will be eligible. This is optional, as all locations can be selected for eligibility.
- Promotion Activation - If enabled, members must only opt-in (activate) to the promotion in order to satisfy eligibility. In this mode, the eligible tree below becomes the eligibility tree for the opt-in process instead of the promotion.
- Eligible Members - Check the appropriate clubs and segments to specify eligible members. Members only need to be in one of the selected. Depending on the previous "opt-in" setting, this eligibility tree may manage eligibility for either the opt-in process or the promotion itself.
After saving the promotion, it is active and able to bonus transactions.
To view basic statistics, click the "Stats" link in the grid for the associated promotion. Alternately, individual transactions can be viewed within the Activity subpage located within the Clienteling Services page,
Due to the fact that transaction product quantity bonus promotions are based on activity timestamp, the promotions never truly expire.
To disable an existing transaction product quantity bonus promotion, edit the promotion, then uncheck all qualifying transaction types and/or all eligible member selections. Before saving, it is recommended to record all qualifiers for the promotion in the description field for future reference.