System Location: System / Custom Fields
A custom field is a user-defined item that is used for the storage of ancillary data related to entities within Kognitiv Loyalty. Custom fields can be created for a variety of entities in the system, such as members, rewards, and coupons. When creating custom fields, specific datatypes can be declared, and an external reference can be set. Furthermore, member custom fields can be enabled (or disabled) for input at enrollment and can also be permitted to be changed by members via the customer web portal.
All custom field management pages are located within the aforementioned system location.
After navigating to the appropriate custom field page, select the appropriate entity type within the dropdown above the grid (if applicable). Then, click the "Add Custom Field" link at the top of the page to begin custom field creation. Alternately, clicking "Edit" within the grid will begin modification of an existing custom field.
The custom field name is the internal name for the custom field, while the prompt is the phrase that will be used to prompt the user and/or member for the input.
- Attribute (Private) - Will not allow members to modify this data within the customer web portal and prevents field data from being returned in relevant web services.
- Preference (Public) - Will allow members to modify this data within the customer web portal and allows field data to be returned in relevant web services.
Checking this checkbox will enable the data input on the supported enrollment pages.
Main Article: External Reference
This reference code will allow for the custom field to be leveraged by external sources.
The datatype selected will enforce restrictions on the type of data that can be entered within the custom field.
- Address - Used for storing address information. Not supported for all custom field types. Maximum value length of 120 (Address 1, Address 2, City, Region/State). Maximum value length of 14 for Postal Code.
- Checkbox - A simple checkbox is displayed for input; checked or unchecked.
- DropDown - Specific input parameters must be created for selection (addressed later in this article).
- Integer - Only whole numbers will be accepted. In addition, minimum and maximum values can be specified.
- Multi-Checkbox - Multiple checkboxes per custom field. Not supported for all custom field types.
- Money - Decimal numbers (presented as currency) will be accepted. In addition, minimum and maximum values can be specified.
- Text - Accepts freetext as input. This datatype is only recommended as a last resort, when none of the other datatypes are adequate. Maximum value length of 1024 characters.
- List - Accepts multiple freetext values as input. The amount of values can be specified. This datatype is only recommended as a last resort, when none of the other datatypes are adequate. Maximum combined value length of 1024 characters.
- Date - Accepts date formatted values only.
Some custom fields have settings related to accessibility and visibility.
- View-Only for Member
- Hide from Member
- Required Field
After a dropdown datatype custom field have been saved, the items within the presented dropdown must be defined. Clicking "Add or Edit" from the main page grid for the associated custom field will present the dropdown management page.
To create a new dropdown item, click the "Add New Drop Down Item" link at the top of the page. Alternately, to manage an existing item, click "Edit" next to the appropriate item within the grid.