To obtain projected results for a potential transaction containing information about single or multiple products (variable quantity), without issuing the transaction.
- One of two identifiers can be supplied (Member Account Id or Internal Member Id). If both are supplied, the Account Id is given preference and is used to retrieve the member. If no Internal Member Id is available, enter -1 for this field.
- Each product item type is contained within a TransactionBasketItem array.
- All TransactionBasketItem arrays are contained within the ProductBasket array. The below example only contains one product item. The "Detailed Method" page linked below shows the call with two product items.
- A negative retail value suggests a "return". Quantity must remain positive.
- Member suspended check is not performed within this web service. Member is assumed as an "active" member.
- Base transaction issue rule checks related to quantity and employee limits are not performed within this web service.
|DATA TYPE||DATA REQUIRED?||FORMATTING||NOTES|
WS Security Token
|Member Account Id||Alphanumeric||Yes/No||See Article Notes|
|Internal Member Id||Integer||Yes/No||See Article Notes|
|Location External Reference||Alphanumeric||Yes|
|Transaction Type External Reference||Alphanumeric||Yes|
|Local Activity Timestamp||Alphanumeric||Yes||MM/DD/YYYY HH:MM:SS AM/PM||Based on corporate timezone when the token was last saved.|
|Product External Reference||Alphanumeric||Yes|
|Product Quantity||Integer||Yes||Quantity must always be a positive number.|
|Product Total Retail Value||Decimal||Yes|
|Product Total Point Value||Decimal||Yes||Used only when points are directly entered.|
|Product Total Profit Value||Decimal||Yes||Used only when profit is directly entered.|
Common Return Codes
Additional error codes may be generated. Their descriptions can be found by calling GetReturnCodeMessage.